- Mumbai: 25-29May,2017 (batch Full)
- Mumbai 2nd Batch: June 27- July 1 (4 seats remaining)
- Ahmedabad: 1-5 June,2017 (6 seats remaining)
- Delhi: 7-11 June,2017 (4 seats remaining)
- Kolkata: 17-20 May,2017 (Kolkata is a 4 day class, others are 4.5 day classes. In Kolkata, there would be more number of instructors to get the class going, also in other cities the last day is reserved for good quality day light pictures, and in Kolkata we are blessed with a really good photographer who does excellent photography even in low light)
- Timings: First 4 days- 9am-6pm; last day: 10am- 1pm (though we try to stick to time, there have been instances where we have had to stay back for longer in order to achieve more; please schedule accordingly)
“Best Fondant Class in India Ever!!!”– Gwen Lobo, Mumbai
“The best cakes academy in the country. Really had a great experience in the Modern wedding cake class.”– Himanshu Sachdeva, Patiala
‘ I have tears of joy in my eyes’– @megha ankush madaan ; as she saw her cake in the top 3
‘ Thank you for taking my work to a totally different level. would only dream of it. Never thought it would happen so fast.’ Himanshu Sachdeva Featured amond Top3
‘I cant thank you enough… I am here in a small city & you showcase my cakes to the world… Cant express my feelings in words…”– Zeeba, Nagpur
These are just a few of the amazing remarks we got from the attendees at our #MODERN #WEDDING #CAKES #CLASS
100+ Cakes featured among “Daily Top 3” on CakesDecor ( A cake decorator’s Global showcase, with over 30,000+ cake artists)
6 Cakes featured among Éditor’s Choice”on CakesDecor
75 Cakes featured among Handpicked collections on CakesDecor
Coverage in international & national Media
Reason enough for you to explore further? Details below:
Modern Wedding cakes workshop
This 4 n a half-days course by Polka Dots Cakes Academy will give you the practical skills and personal confidence needed to create stunning 5 tier stacked cakes, designed to teach you the principles of assembling and decorating a stacked wedding cake.
- (Due to the nature of the work involved, end times of some days may vary — i.e. some days will finish earlier, and some later. This will not affect the overall content of the course.)
- · Course Fee: Rs. 32,000/- plus taxes
- All material provided, minus Cakes n frosting. This is so that participants understand production timeline. For outstation participants, arrangements can be made.
- · Skill Level: Intermediate
Basics: You will learn ganaching on Double barrel cake; carving & ganaching a sphere cake (you will be working with normal round cakes and will learn to carve them into spheres)
Other 3 are Dummy cakes, all of which you will expertly drape with fondant, using various methods.
Fondant: To understand world class standard & finishing, we shall learn the art of SUPER SHARP EDGES on a round, double Barrel and also how to drape& smoothly cover a complete sphere.
Designing: The aim of this class is to train you for complete Client experience. We shall be working with real world inspirations and coming up with our own designs, each & every participant. In the course, you shall learn how to draw your design onto paper and then play with various techniques to bring your idea to design.
Techniques & decorations: we will introduce you to several modern day, trendy design elements for decorating your cake, such as differenttexture looks, various mediums, masking, reliefs, fondant cake stands,hand painting, gold/ silver leafing, interesting cake separators, tall cakes, paneling method, Mix media, masking techniques, airbrushing, couture lace work, Billowing, beading, shimmering laces, stenciling, brush embroidery, billowing, ruffles, metallic shimmer, vintage custom frame methods, water color painting etc., just to name a few. Basically, no limitations to techniques.
Structure & Dowelling: You shall also learn to securely stack the tiers with dowels. & rod method. The technique of tiering that you shall learn is sturdy enough to transport your cake in 1 piece up till 7 tiers.
You shall play with floating tiers, off center stacking, suspended tiers, interesting cake separators including adding lights etc., giving more height to cakes etc. At the end of class, you’ll have the technical know–how to build strong cake structures and the decorating techniques to finish them artfully. You will go home with an elegant 5-tier wedding cake and the ability to make cakes with any number of tiers.
Cake Photoshoot: Your course fee includes Professional Cake photoshoot done by professional wedding cake photographers (not learning photography, they shall click pictures of your cakes and provide all to use for your portfolio, personal websites, digital marketing etc.)
Pricing: How to price for such cakes shall be discussed
How to run a wedding cake appointment: learning the business ethics & how to plan & execute a fruitful wedding cake appointment
Tips on marketing for wedding cakes
- · Inspiration stories case studies
- · Deriving inspiration for your own cake
- · Interpreting inspiration
- · Drawing your cake design + options
- · Understanding structure
- · Icing square Cake
- · Icing Sphere
- · Draping & decorating board
- · Covering Dummies
- · Covering real cake
- · Textures
Day 2 & 3
- · Adding professional decorative elements
- · Usage of various techniques
- · Stacking & Doweling
- · Finishing Touches
- · Pricing
- · Marketing
- · Smooth Client Consultations
- Professional Cake Photography
- Certificates & feedback
- Packaging & delivery guidelines
Contact us at +91-8454002202
You can deposit 50% of the fees to my account number (depending on availability of seats). And the remaining can be paid during the workshop.
Please retain your deposit slip and email the transaction details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simultaneously call up and confirm the payment made by you.
- · Axis Bank; Account Name : Ms. Priyanka Arora
- · Account no: 915020039475045
- · IFSC code: UTIB0001703
- · Branch: Yogi nagar, Borivali West, Mumbai
The Polka Dots Cakes Academy is a place where cake enthusiasts from all over can come together to learn, share and enjoy the art of making or decorating cakes.
While researching training courses early on in her career, Priyanka quickly noticed that options for cake decorators were quite limited and mostly unaffordable or meant being duped & cheated. Priyanka started her career as an experiential marketing professional but her caking career overtook that as Priyanka always knew that her heart lay in cake decoration, flower making and playing with various textures & techniques.
This course, is therefore a culmination of Priyanka’s endless training, expertise and talent. Students are taught her unique techniques, but are also encouraged to develop their own skills and style. Priyanka takes an enormous amount of pride in her students’ achievements, as well as the pleasure they feel when completing the set tasks. She truly believes in a perfect combination of technical skill and creative flair, and this is exactly what we try to instill in all of our students.
Eligibility: This class is recommended for bakers/ cakers who already have some prior knowledge of cakes and frosting. they should be able to comfortablly bake and work with ganache. even if they do cream cakes, its fine.. but should be comfortable in that.
Things not covered in this course: How to bake cakes is not taught in this class. we shall provide you with our tried & tested recipes for Suitable cake recipes for such cakes, Fondant recipe, Gum paste recipe. Participants need to bake n bring their own Cake n frosting. recipes will beprovided.
How to make exotic flowers is not covered in this course. But if your design demands flowers & you have learnt them in previous courses, you can incorporate them. If time permits, we would try to teach you couple of BIG fantasy flowers to match your cake designs.
Food & Drink: Lunch + AM/ PM tea is included in the course fee. Please feel free to bring anything else along, not just for yourself but for others too.
Code of Conduct: Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in the classroom, with the exception of using the camera function. Videos are strictly prohibited.
Tools, Equipment & Ingredients: We shall provide the students with aall required tools, equipment and ingredients for class use. Participants shall need to bring their cakes n frosting, as per recipe provided.
Dummies, dowels & boards shall be provided by us. (Included in course fee)
Please note: Cakes &frostings have to be brought my the participant. For outstation participants, arrangements can be made, please let us know the same at the time of registration.
Transportation Boxes & Bags: The Polka Dots Cakes Academy will provide boxes for transportation.
- The instructor is not responsible for output if the participant arrives late or without the supplies. We aim at delivering more than what is promised and can only do it with the support of the participants.
- Cancellations & refunds: No Cancellations or refunds shall be accepted for this class. No batch transfers either, since this is an annual class and shall not happen for another 1 year.
- The learnings from this class may not be disseminated or shared or distributed in any way unless express written consent is granted by Polka Dots Cakes Academy. It is intended for individual personal use and any educational use otherwise is prohibited.
- By registering for this class, you have agreed to all terms listed above.
+91-8454002202, email: email@example.com
Account Name : Ms. Priyanka Arora Nayak
Account no: 915020039475045
IFSC code: UTIB0001703
Branch: Yogi nagar, Borivali West, Mumbai
the payment can be made at any Axis bank.
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS CONTACT us at +91-8454002202
Please also take out time and go through pictures of previous workshops on our facebook